- Credentials : Diploma (Associate Degree)
- Course Duration : 2 years (4 semesters), full-time
- Intake Month : in March
- A person who graduated high school and TOPIK level 3
- A person who graduated high school and TOPIK level 2 ; more than 300 hours of Korean language training for 1 year after admission to the school.
Field of Study
- Food science for Bakery and Beverage
Conducted entirely in Korea
- 3,000USD/Semester (Total 12,000USD)
ChungBuk Health & Science University(CHSU) provides a two-year diploma in the Food Science for Bakery and Beverage. It is acquired the specialized knowledge and competencies comprising the scope of confectionery, baking and beverage technology practice for graduation. The Food Science for Bakery and Beverage course is based on the standards of competency for entry to the patissier, baker, sommelier and barista.
The curriculum integrates the related knowledge that supports the professional, productive and skilled technology of confectionery, baking and beverages. Students learn many technical aspects within the scope of practice of bakery and beverage technology profession.
It is required 74 credits to graduate with a diploma(associate degree) from the CHSU. The graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations according to the requirements of the Korea Act. The Food Science for Bakery and Beverage course leads to employment in, or ownership of, a bakery and beverage shop.
Major confectionery manufacturer, franchise bakery, hotel bakery department, wine importer, specialized wine bar, sommelier, green bean import & xport, coffee bean company, coffee machine import & export, hotel F&G, barista, etc.